Wormhole | Best Pratices
Tips & Tricks
Wormhole Configuration (Setting up Groups/Rules)
- Only synchronize editable user fields. (Please note the system will automatically update system fields on its own).
- Only synchronize fields that you need to use to reduce the size of synchronization files (XML files).
- Do not use the matrix for extremely large tables (thousands of records); only use for master data.
- You can include a table in more than one group.
For example, you can control the insertion of new records and the data of critical fields of the customer table in a group from the template company only. Then create a second group that uses bi-directional syncing for information fields (e.g. Phone Number, Notes, etc) and allow changes to be made in any company within the group.
- You should generally use real-time synchronization unless you are syncing across databases on different servers or tenants.
- We recommend using a template company (Parent) for your most critical master record tables and configuration tables, so that you have centralized control over master data.
- We do not recommend synchronizing ledger entry tables or system updated fields.